Dr. Walter L. Schindler
Walter Leo Schindler is a lawyer, investor, entrepreneur, strategic advisor and project developer internationally recognized as one of the US pioneers of sustainable impact investment. He has won more international awards for his sustainable investment vision and game-changing achievements than any other American.
On November 16, 2016, Walter was honored for his sustainability vision and achievements by HRH The Princess Royal at a special dinner in his honor at St. James Palace in London.
Walter recently accepted the invitation of Forbes Magazine to join the Forbes Business Council and has published three articles in Forbes. He was also recently selected for membership in Top Tier Impact, an international group of thought leaders in impact investing.
Through his company Transformation LLC, Walter provides strategic advice, capital services and project development services to large global clients regarding sustainable energy, water, agriculture, healthcare and other sustainable investment projects throughout the world, after many years as a venture capital investor in energy and water technology companies following a successful career as a corporate transactional lawyer in renewable energy and power, mergers and acquisitions, initial public offerings and corporate finance.
See his full bio here
Leadership, Strategy, Capital, Mergers & Acquisitions
- B.A., M.A., Ph.D., all with honors, Yale University
- J.D., with honors, Harvard Law School
- Fulbright Scholar, Italy
- Bates Fellow, Clare College, Cambridge University
- World Economic Forum
- Board of Directors, Fulbright Canada Foundation
- Leader of 3 U.S. Trade Missions to Europe on Clean Energy & Sustainable Investment
- Co-lead with Deutsche Bank on the first US Trade Mission to Europe on Sustainable
- Strategic Advisor in over 70 mergers, acquisitions, and IPOs including Ultrasystems,
PIMCO, Callaway Golf and RemedyTemp
- Represented Robert Emmett McDonough in the gift and naming of the McDonough
School of Business, Georgetown University
- Chief Executive Roundtable – UC Irvine
- US Pioneer in the first renewable power and cogeneration projects in the USA
- Former Managing Partner, Gibson Dunn & Crutcher, Orange County, CA